Following last year’s successful inaugural competition, raising well over £200, this year’s event is planned to begin soon.
Beneficiary: East Anglian Children’s Hospice
Sponsors: Sam A (buckets), me (potatoes)
Cost: £5 per adult, £3 per child BUT if a child takes part an accompanying adult must as well
How it works:
- The (single person) charge buys you one bucket and one seed potato
- The potato must grow in the bucket for the duration, so do not empty the bucket prematurely
- You can buy more than one bucket and experiment
- You can add drainage holes to the bucket (it is yours to keep)
- You can grow the spuds in mixture of rose petals and badger dung (or Growmore) or whatever else you fancy
- Anybody anywhere (ie out of Rampton) can enter but they might have to collect the buckets depending on where you/they live
- er … that’s it for now
I look forward to donning the frilly apron and being splattered with sulphurous rot once again. (You know who you are!)
Please contact email@example.com and advise names and numbers if you are interested in joining in. Great cause and good fun.