Following the recent election there are 3 Councillor vacancies to be filled.
If you are interested in helping your community as a Councillor, please send a brief personal written statement explaining how you can contribute. The task is not too onerous and at the last meeting the number of ordinary meetings has been reduced from 10 per year to 6 per year.
To be a Councillor, you need to be over 18, and a UK, Commonwealth, Irish, or EU citizen; and:
- Be on the Rampton electoral roll; or
- Have occupied land or premises (as owner or tenant) in Rampton for the last 12 months; or
- Had your main workplace within the parish for the last 12 months; or
- Have lived in, or within 3 miles of, the parish for the past 12 months
You cannot be a Councillor if you: –
- Are a paid employee of the Parish Council; or
- Are an undischarged bankrupt; or
- Have been sentenced to a term of prison (suspended or not) of not less than 3 months, within the last 5 years; or
- Have been disqualified under any law relating to corrupt of illegal practices.
If you are eligible and would like to be considered please contact the Parish Council Clerk, Claire Perrott, 13 Cow Lane, Rampton CB24 8QG by hand or post, or by E-mail to email@example.com by Saturday 2ndJune 2018. Candidates will be considered for appointment by Rampton Parish Council at the Ordinary Meeting on 4th June 2018.